Thursday, December 25, 2008

Why the fishbowl theme

I realized when I titled this blog "Wisdom from the Fishbowl" that perhaps some would not know why. As a preachers kid and pastors wife, there are times one feels that their life is viewed at all times by others. We sometimes feel like a fish in a fishbowl or sometimes like we live in a glass house. There were many days that I did not enjoy living in the fishbowl and trying to live up to the many expectations of others. I am thankful to the Lord that he has helped me to realize the value of the experiences I had growing up. The experiences and lessons learned has helped me now to minister to the pastor's wives and their families that I am now priviledged to encourage. I am hoping that if I can help others to look on the situations of ministry with humor, then it can help ministry go much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment