Sunday, November 15, 2009

Living Intentionally

Well, after a year of not blogging at all I have been inspired recently by a movie I saw recently with my family. A year ago, I felt I could encourage other pastors wives by blogging some encouraging thoughts and posting them to the web. Well, I only did 2 posts and here it is almost a year later and I thought I may try again.
I am writing in red today because I have been thinking on what it means to live intentionally. As a child in Christian school the "intentional tally" (the one you never wanted to receive) was in red. In memory of this, I am writing about living intentionally in red font.

Ladies, how many of us in ministry get so overwhelmed at times with trying to balance our personal walk with Christ with family needs and ministry needs in our churches or church plants. I spent some time praying with a godly ministry pastor's wife this past week who helped me to remember to prioritize what is really important.
I was also reminded this past week at our state annual homecoming, that we always do what we want to do so if we are not placing our walk with Christ first then we must make the time. So what does this blog have to do with all this. Well, I wanted to share what God is doing in my life with those of you who are also doing ministry with your husbands. It may be a church planter, pastor's wife or a denominational workers wife (such as myself now). I hope to share from the book of I Peter. A book the Lord laid on my heart to study a few years back and again just let it fall by the wayside.

So, how do we live intentionally. The Lord showed me through prayer with him that I must be intentional about doing what he has laid on my heart to do. I must take the time to plan and set aside the time needed to carry out his purpose for each day. I must begin each day with him and then set about planning the events of the day. I need to take the time to take care of my family needs (such as planning meals again and making menu's). I need to set aside time for my studies and work. I also need to plan time to encourage the planter wives God has placed in my life to encourage. This may seem like a lot but you know what, I have discovered that I tend to waste too much time in my day and too many times I let too many things fall away because I stopped living intentionally. I have a peace about what God is doing right now in my life and I am excited to see where he will continue to lead as I seek to live intentionally for him.
I do not want to be just a hearer of the word but a doer. My friend shared a verse with me that I would like to share with you as we seek to serve and live for him today.
Joshua 1:9 - Have I not commanded thee? Be strong and of good courage; be not afraid,neither be thou dismayed; for the Lord thy God is with thee wherever you go.


No comments:

Post a Comment