Wednesday, November 25, 2009

I Peter 1:8-9

Peter tells us in vs. 8-9 that even though we have not seen our heavenly Father, we love him. Even though we do not see him now, we believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy, for we are receiving the goal of our faith, the salvation of our souls.

Ladies, I thank God everyday for the joy of my salvation. When I read a passage like this I think of how my soul just fills with joy so much that I want to just shout it out with all my being. It's like being at a football game or in my case a good soccer game. Something really awesome happens and you just give a big shout out and jump up and down and clap your hands and maybe even do a big ole dance. How often do we show our heavenly Father that kind of excitement over our salvation? Do we show in our worship how much we love our God. It is incredible to me how even though we have never seen our heavenly Father we have hope in his coming and believe in his soon return. I just can't wait for that day to come when I can celebrate and worship with Him in his presence. May we make it a practice in our lives to worship the Lord with all of our might and to show the world the joy we have in Christ even in the midst of our trials.

No comments:

Post a Comment