Tuesday, November 17, 2009

I Peter1:2

Yesterday we looked at verse 1. Today I thought I would tackle some of verse 2.
We looked at how we are God's chosen vessels, his excellent ones to be servants of his in this world. The words, chosen, and foreknowledge are big words about the spiritual position of the believer. This is the doctrine of election. It helps if we understand what the words mean in the Greek. Yesterday we looked at chosen, eklektos, those who recieved salvation in Christ. Vs. 2 talks about Foreknowledge, prognosin, having knowledge beforehand. You see, God created us for a purpose, in his great wisdom he knew we would one day accept his gift of salvation. He created us with a choice to accept his gift of salvation through his Son Jesus or to reject it. He created us because he loves us and he wants to have a close personal relationship with his creation. I love knowing that I have been chosen by God. I love knowing that nothing catches him by surprise. His plans and purposes for me go far beyond anything I could ever imagine. So today, I trust his plan for me.

Vs. 2 goes on to talk about the sanctifying work of the Spirit in our lives. We are set apart, hagiosmo, for his good purpose. Through the "set apart" work of the Spirit in our lives for the obedience to Jesus Christ and sprinkling by his blood. Thanks to his wonderful gift of salvation that we have chosen willingly to accept, we are now set apart to do his will with the power of the Holy Spirit reigning in our lives. Through obedience, hupakon, which means submission, allegience, hearing under, listening to. we are able to do the work of the Holy Spirit with all the power the Spirit brings to us.

Then Peter speaks the blessing. Grace and peace be yours in abundance.
This is my prayer for each one of you today.

Have a great day serving the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment