Thursday, January 21, 2010

Walking through the valley

I am sorry for taking so long to get back to blogging. Life since Christmas has been so incredibly busy. We have been sorting through piles of books to donate to an overseas library, I have had visits to the local courthouse again with my daughter, more soccer, soccer, soccer. I have also been working some for my sons soccer team. Then school began this week. Lord have mercy, what am I doing. ;) :)

I wanted to write just a moment about walking through the valley in life.

I know Psalm 23 speaks of walking through "the valley of the shadow of death" I must say I am not in that valley but after a disappointing day in court with my blessed teenager once again, I am finding how hard it is to walk through valley's of life with our children that are just difficult to understand. I have been so grateful for her decision to know Christ in personal way, I have seen her whole outlook on life change. Her attitude, her desire to learn and change has been wonderful to see and yet we continue to struggle through consequences for past actions.
I keep praying for God's protection over her future and that he will intervene in a powerful way that only he will receive the glory.
She has a desire to be a social worker and help others that struggle. I just thought "Lord, does she have to learn this much about the process to be able to help others some day?"
Anyway, life just seems to throw us curveballs and we better have our spiritual mitts ready to catch what is coming and stand strong in the battles of life.
I thank God every day for the strength he gives and for the power of his word in our lives. May we never stray from his side so we can stand.

No comments:

Post a Comment